A stay at home mom trying to make things interesting during a pandemic.

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Covid-19 Vaccine, 1st Dose Done


The Covid-19 vaccination program of Hong Kong government had resumed, last April 5, for those booked for the BioNTech, Cominarty vaccine. The program was initially suspended due to some vials having some packaging issues. After the investigation by vaccine manufacturer—Pfizer--cleared the issue, the government resumed the vaccination.  Those that had their bookings cancelled received SMS messages of their new vaccine schedule.

Covid-19 Vaccine Reschedule SMS


I’m happy to say that I’m one of those that received their new schedule at the same venue we initially booked.

I arrived at the vaccination center at Lai Chi Kok Park Sports Center, as scheduled, and happy to say that there’s no queue at the center.

Covid-19 Vaccine Booking Reference


I showed my SMS booking and scanned the Leave Home Safe app at the entrance of the complex.  Then, after going in, I again showed the SMS booking and my HKID at the booth.  They gave me a leaflet with information regarding the vaccine and a pen for me to tick the consent box on the leaflet after reading it.  We were given a seat inside the center to conduct the reading.

Covid-19 Vaccine Leaflet and Sticker


After reading and returning the pen in a collection box, I proceed to step 2, where patients were separated to each clinical booth to receive the vaccine.  The health officer asked for my HKID to scan and verified my personal information.  She then asked me some questions regarding my health background and asked for my consent to receive the vaccine.  I had to inform her that I do have some food allergies, so she advised that I stayed at the observation area for 30 minutes after getting the shot.

The actual jab was very quick and painless. I was surprised that it was done in a second.

She gave me a paper with information about my first dose of vaccine, the time it was administered and when to get my second dose.

I went to the rest area, where each seat was numbered and rested for the required 30 minutes.

Me with my jab

After that’s done, they gave me a packet of face mask on my way out.

Free Packet of Face Mask


That’s it! My first jab of Covid-19 vaccine is done.

I’m happy to say that I didn’t feel any pain, although I’m still observing myself.  From previous experience with other vaccines, I felt the pain and numbness at the jab area, the day after the shot.  Moving my arm from time to time actually helps in easing the pain more than letting it still for a long time.  I will update this entry should I feel any side effect tomorrow.

Here's to hoping there's nothing to update!

Have your vaccine recently? Or having a second thought? Tell me all about it at the comment section.   

Update April 17:
Felt only a little soreness on the location of the vaccine in the morning, but no impedement on my arm movement.
The soreness is gone by the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

De-clutter Your Closet & Earn Money Using Carousell – Part 1

Carousell  is an E-commerce smartphone and web-based consumer company started in Singapore back in 2012.  Since then, it has expanded to 8 ...

Know us

Our Team

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *